Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Prepare for Enlightenment

This being my maiden post I think the purpose of this blog should be made clear.

I am a current high school student, but highly conscious of political matters. Unlike most people, old and young alike, this strays far from the bread-and-butter politics. While I do have interest in the mass media events and highly publicized stories, I also take a particular interest in more fringe stories.

I have taken it upon myself to understand the situations in the world and their implications. To understand a basic idea of what this blog is about the following quote from Sergei Ivanov should suffice:

The times of the Cold War, when everything was predictable and measured-out, were like a paradise in comparison with the present day.
This blog is to help understand this time. The world today is jumbled and messy, not unlike the Cold War, however, unlike the Cold War the borders are more blurry and motives less clear. Though termed the time of Pax Americana the post-Soviet era bears greater resemblance to the buildup to World War I with the formation of alliance systems and increased militarization.

My purpose for writing this is to increase awareness of the dangers posed by this shift in the nature of geopolitics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.